Sunday, February 12, 2017

WILLIAM WILD

To be honest, I'm not very "hip" on the music scene in Knoxville, but luckily I have friends that are!  When I asked around for good, local music, William Wild came highly recommended.  William Wild is an indie folk band here in Knoxville with a great sound!
A Knoxville native himself, and a UT grad, William Wild's actual name is Garrett Sale. According to GOKnoxville, Garrett came up with the name William Wild after talking to a homeless man in Knoxville who claimed his name was William Wild.  Garrett started the band while in college.  Although the band began in Knoxville, their first show was in Chattanooga, but they are regulars at Preservation Pub in Market Square and the Square Room.
The band recently released a new EP Steady Now with six songs.  "When I've Been Gone" is one of the songs on the EP, and is actually about Garrett's last conversation with his homeless father who wads battling with alcoholism before he died.  From the songs on the EP, I can tell Garrett allows himself to be vulnerable when writing his songs.  The EP is available in vinyl, downloadable form, or cd.
I'm actually really glad my friends recommended William Wild because now I'm a pretty big fan! Garrett has a great voice; I like the lyrics, and the sound of the band in general!  I highly recommend listening to their new EP through the link below, and if you like them you can see them at the Rythym N' Blooms festival this year!

http://williamwildmusic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment