Tuesday, February 7, 2017

LIONS

When I started working at Altruda's Italian Restaurant about 2.5 years ago, I was introduced to a coworker named Nathan. (He's a scruffy, tough-looking guy, but turned out to be a hilarious and genuine friend.) A few weeks later, some other coworkers invited me to a show at Longbranch Saloon. When I asked who was playing, they told me, "Nathan's band." I didn't even realize I was working with someone who was in a band!

They warned me that the shows were...grungy. And it was. I had never "moshed" before that night. But it was so energizing and entertaining!

His band's name is Lions, and it consists of 4 guys who formed the band while they were in high school, about 8 years ago. I've been trying to think of a band to compare to Lions since I first heard them play over 2 years ago, and I'm still stumped. They have a very unique, punk/rock sound. The instrumentals and invigorating and the lyrics are catchy. Maybe I'm partial because I've got a friend in the drummer, but I think Lions puts on a fun, exciting show for any college kid to enjoy. You can catch them on tour at The Pilot Light or Longbranch pretty regularly. You'll probably see me there!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGxVSuk0Sag

1 comment:

  1. lol I had to look up what "moshing" meant, but from their youtube page they seem like a pretty cool band! I like the first song that pulls up when you click on the link.

    ReplyDelete