Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Let's Get Goooooory

If you have seen a film written, directed, or produced by Quentin Tarentino, it's likely you either hated it or had an unusual sense of appreciation for it. Either way, Tarentino's film writing style is unlike any other. He is best well known for his absurd amounts of gore, brilliant pictures, odd music, and very long dialog.

Quentin Tarentino was born in Knoxville, TN in 1963. Tarentino actually didn't live her long, as his mother sought to move back to California after she finished up nursing school. But, he was born here and lived here until he was about 4 years old - which I still think is cool.



Some of Tarentino's most famous movies include: Reservoir Dogs, Hateful Eight, Kill Bill, Inglorious Bastards, and Pulp Fiction. He has won several Academy Awards for his films as well as Critics Choice Awards and Golden Globes. I have seen several of his films and at first, I hated them. I never understood why anyone would want to watch something as gory and vulgar as his movies. But then when I began to understand his style, I started to appreciate him. I highly recommend watching some of his movies, if you are a huge movie person. Hateful Eight is my favorite.




2 comments:

  1. Your title is everything, and is honestly the only reason I had ever heard of him, from the song. :) I have never seen any of his films... maybe one day, or maybe not. Gore is not really my thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite movies to watch is Inglorious Basterds. The opening scene is sooo good.

    ReplyDelete