Friday, February 10, 2017

Pale Root

Pale Root is a up-and-coming Knoxville band, started in 2015, that I stumbled upon in my research and I enjoyed their name. (My instant thought was that if they were pale or not... then it transitioned to tanning beds and/or getting some sun on a nice, summer day...but any skin tone is fine by me and I also do not know if one can tan a root...)

Anywho...

They are a duo based out of Knoxville. The duo includes Aaron Freeman and Jordan Burris. Aaron Freeman specializes on the guitar and vocals. Similarly, Jordan Burris specializes in guitar, harmonica, and vocals. The start of the duo came at a songwriter's night where they hit it off and jammed into the night. Thus, the creation of Pale Root. Their music contains a lot of harmonies because they believe that their styles and sounds compliment each other.

The duo can often be found playing at Barley's, The Square Room., Crafty Bastard Brewery, and plenty of other local breweries and locations around the Knoxville area Pale Root is being featured at the WDVX Blue Plate Special Feb. 10th (TODAY!).They have a unique sound that is a mixture of traditional folk, country, bluegrass, modern folk, and Americana ... they kinda do it all.

Pale Root's debut album consists of 10 original compositions. Some of their songs are Wino Woods, All I Want, and Colorado (I listened to it and believe that it is in fact about Colorado!). Their album was self-titled (Pale Root) and was produced and recorded at Knoxville's own Wild Chorus Studio.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Katie! This duo sounds very interesting and whenever I hear harmonica I think of Bob Dylan, who is always great to listen to. I will definitely check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your humor rocks haha. I love that this group performs in the square room and at Barleys! I bet I have heard them then! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that I just found some more study music. Thanks Katie!

    ReplyDelete