Sunday, February 12, 2017

Electric Darling

I’m going to be honest by saying that I don’t know a whole lot about the Knoxville music scene, but I did come across this great band called Electric Darling. They were formed in 2015, but the musicians have years of experience playing in other bands. Cozmo Holloway and Kevin Hyfantus played guitar in The Dirty Guv’nahs. Matt Nelson and Luke Palmers Bowers were the bassist and drummer of Cereus Bright, respectively. Yasameen Hoffman-Shahin rounds it off with the lead vocalist. Its pretty cool to see musicians from Knoxville’s more well-known music groups come together to make a band. While they only have a couple of songs, it is some really great rock music that I could see people enjoying at a music festival. They sound really great live. Yasameen Hoffman-Shahin has a really powerful voice that can belts it out when she wants to. She is a local girl who went to West High School and then studied vocal performance at UT. I think that is pretty cool that they are all local people staying around Knoxville to just jam and do their own thing. I would have to say that my favorite song by them is “Hard Times”. Their music is really easy to just sit and listen to just like a lot of Knoxville music because it has a distinct sound. You can definitely hear the influences of The Dirty Guv’nahs within the band, but also wanting to do something different. They have performed all around Knoxville including the Bijou Theatre. Last year, they performed in the Rhythm N’ Blooms Festival that is held in April. Honestly, I cannot wait to hear more music from them. Also, they have a soundclound.  https://soundcloud.com/electricdarling/tracks 

3 comments:

  1. Yasameen can get it. Love her voice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!! I have seen Electric Darling live before. They are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was the other band I was going to talk about! I love her voice! Would love to go see them sometime

    ReplyDelete