Sunday, February 12, 2017

Marble City Shooters


Something that always catches my attention is the raw talent of musicians and singers, and Knoxville has some spunky taste when it comes to this. Something I always love learning about are the local bands that are new and upcoming here. From the street artists in market square to the more classical groups that perform out there, there is a wide range of music in our scruffy little city. When searching on the web, there are a good selection of groups. The name of the band I found that is an up and coming is called “Marble City Shooters.” It is a group of five people, who sing old jazz and swing classics that are said to “recreate a time in the Southern city of Knoxville.” When listening to their music, it makes you feel as if you are at an old Soda Fountain. (Speaking of, the Soda Fountain downtown is possibly my favorite place to go in Knox if anyone ever wants to go) This group formed from the inspiration of the hard work during the depression and how it was a way of life in the Marble City; life was rough. The band had a similar start, as “depression-era jazz bands face a tough tow to hoe.” I chose this band because I absolutely love old fashioned stuff whether that be music, movies or restaurants. When I came across this band on an event entertainment website, I was automatically drawn to it because of their style. This band specializes in weddings, private parties, corporate events and discerning nightclubs in Tennessee, the Carolinas, Kentucky and Georgia. Old music is something I am a huge fan of and I would love to go listen to them if I had the chance.




1 comment:

  1. How cool that you found a band that creates an experience like taking a step back in time! I think it's important to remember where we come from and it sounds like this band does a beautiful job of that in their work and musical career.

    ReplyDelete