Sunday, February 5, 2017

Why I'm Here


I really enjoyed the “Why I Am Here” discussion because I needed to hear that it is okay to have selfish goals. This type of thought process wasn’t in the environment that I grew up in, so it refreshing to hear. I have been thinking about this a lot recently as I decide my next step in life and where I should go. Should I go somewhere to a different part of the country and push my comfort zone or should I stay close to home and be near my family? Is it selfish to want to experience change in expense for not seeing my family as much? Tennessee is and always will be my home, but I need to experience something different. Not that there is anything wrong with this, but back in my hometown, a lot of people have just stayed in Dickson and were comfortable. To me, life is about taking risks and pushing your comfort zone. This is one of the reasons why I picked Tennessee for college. It was a big unknown and I didn’t know if it would work out or if I would find my place. However, I did find my place and on my way to a career in student affairs that I am really excited for. The future is scary and exciting, but I think that I am ready. It is really an awesome feeling to have that “I know why I am here” moment. I want to work with college students because they are future change makers in a transformation period of their lives. That is why I’m here.

No comments:

Post a Comment