Sunday, February 12, 2017

The Jaystorm Project

So, a little disclaimer, I have never seen this band live or in person and all of the following information is based solely off of internet research. (Avery and I don't frequent many places that have live music. You can blame Chuck E. Cheese for their lack of culture; I know we do.)

All of that being said, the local band that I researched that sounded interesting was called The Jaystorm Project. They play a mixed genre that has bits of funk, blues, rock, and hip hop which is what makes them so interesting. It's also one of the main reasons that I chose them. Another prevailing reason that I wanted to look into this one was that the lead singer is a black man and he sings in a style that is heavily influenced by old school R&B, which I really enjoy.

The lead singer was also born and raised in Knoxville and said he got most of his musical influences from:
his church ("which is where he gets his soulful voice")
his friends in South Knoxville (who listened to funk and R&B)
his other friends who lived downtown (who listened to rock)


From what I've heard on the website, https://www.jaystorm.net , I really like the sound of the band, but I don't think the singer fits. I'd like to see them live though. And they'll be back in Knoxville soon!

2 comments:

  1. I looked at this band as well! Seemed interesting! I agree that the singer didn't really fit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the description of the lead singer, it sounds like I would enjoy his singing, since a lot of my favs have the same style. It makes me sad that he doesn't really fit with the band :(

    ReplyDelete