Thursday, February 9, 2017

Gamenight

Gamenight is an indie rock band that is quite popular in the Knoxville area. A friend showed them to me a while back and I have loved their music ever since. They have a smooth sound with an alternative rock kind of feel. I chose this band because they are good friends with a girl work with and she has spoken very highly of them.

Gamenight got their start in 2005 by two brothers named Manis and Brandon. They were both musicians for a long time and they created a vision to be seen and get their music heard. Manis was sitting in Remedy Coffee when it was still in the Old City when he realized what he wanted to do with his music. Since then they have released two albums and still plan to keep moving forward with their music.

I do like their music actually. It reminds me a lot of what I used to listen to in high school, and it's a bit nostalgic. It's a little drum heavy and angsty for me, but I enjoy listening to them!

Check them out on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/4aoWmCjUUXq7MuMkMjG8X0

3 comments:

  1. I like them, especially their video showing all their cute dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds similar to the start of Pale Root (the band I researched)...they had an idea/knew they wanted to pursue their musical career in some fashion and kick off from there.

    ReplyDelete