Saturday, February 11, 2017

Crab Apple Lane

Crab Apple Lane is a country music duo, started by Kirk Wynn and Deena Robbins. The first time I heard them play was live at Volapooloza in 2014. I was a volunteer for the night, and they were the opening band. I was front and center while they performed. Unfortunately, they did not have a huge crowd, but they were so nice and they hung out with us at the end of the night backstage to tell us about themselves. They brought merchandise to sell, but they opened their clothing trunk and asked each of us for our shirt size and handed free shirts and stickers for free just for us!

I decided to research Crab Apple Lane because I remembered they are a local band and extremely nice. They both live in Fountain City, and Kirk Wynn is a Red Devil (graduate of Halls High School) just like me! Kirk began to sing for the worship band Driven and plays guitar and the drums. The duo started singing together at local bars, such as Barley's, and music festivals, such as Rhythm N Blooms. They have recorded more than five original songs and filmed their music videos. They continue to work hard and compose their own lyrics, enjoying their new career path.

I do not personally like their music. I am not a fan of country music because many times the singers do not enunciate properly, making it difficult to understand the verses. The only country music I tolerate is Taylor Swift in her younger years.

No comments:

Post a Comment