Sunday, February 12, 2017

Rain Drop, Drop Trop... Blanco

So, a rapper counts as a band, right? Alright cool.
Me being good ole Victoria who never goes to cool things like restaurants that have local bands playing really had me wondering who the heck I was going to write about. Then I realized, hello, my coworker had showed me this rapper on YouTube who was from Knoxville, and wow. She is good. 
Antrece Brown, better known in the music world as Trop Blanco, comes with the heat on any song no matter the style of the song. She is not only a hip hop recording artist, but also a songwriter. I choose to learn a bit more about Trop as I believe it is super important to support your local musicians... if their hometown doesn't rock with him, it can't be a good feeling for an artist. I also love her style, how she carries herself, and how humble she is. In 2013, she signed with Cut atheist Committee records as the first woman to be a part of the record. Trop grew up in Tabernacle Projects, and was the oldest sibling out of 5. Music was all around her growing up, which of course, led to her trying music out. I've heard from a few people, that she wasn't really serious when she started out, but then she started to get attention and appreciation for what she did, and so, she kept doing it.


So... how ironic is it that I seen her at the club I went to last night, and recognized her after only seeing her in music videos. I realized it was her when she went to the front of the club and just brought in multiple people for free. I was feeling rather brave... blame it on the boxing weekend atmosphere, and just went up to her. I asked her did she rap (ya know didn't want to fangirl the wrong girl) and when she said yes I let her know I had seen some of her music videos. She introduced herself, hugged me and got my name. I told her she had a good thing going, she thanked me, we did a nice hand shake and I just walked away, (I guess). It was cool to see how she didn't act like she had a chip on her shoulder, she was just really chill. 

I am not sure honestly what all she has done in Knoxville, but I do know she grew up here, and clearly still chooses to go to her hometown's clubs on the weekend. There's not much bio wise on the great internet, but I can tell she definitely has a growing fan base, and I can see why... her flow is insane, she's personable, and just drippppin in sauce, honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment