Saturday, February 18, 2017

No he is not from Even Stevens




Surprise surprise. Jake Thomas is from Knoxville! Who knew? I really actually did not. I also could not remember what show he played on, which is a bit embarrassing since Disney channel and all of its glorious shows were my jam back in the day. So to jog your memory-- Mr. Thomas here played Lizzie McGuire's little brother, and also starred in the not so great spin-off of That's So Raven, Cory in the House (that is totally subjective, I just really was not feeling Cory in the House).



Jake was born in Knoxville, TN, has an older brother and sister, and attended Farragut High School. Jake's mother was a television reporter and a writer, and his father was a radio host, actor, and writer. So clearly, the entertainment industry was not something he was unfamiliar with. He even was on Knoxville Evening News, live, the day he was born. It almost seems like being an entertainer was his destiny, as cheesy as that might sound.



He starred in commercials with his parents, starred on his dad’s radio show, and was constantly around agents. One day his mother’s agent was very entertained with Jake, and asked to represent him. In the beginning, all he really starred in were commercials, but after a few months, he stepped into the big(ger) leagues.



Jake is currently an actor, photographer, and avid cyclist (truly cannot relate), and most recently starred on a YouTube series. While I have not really heard all that much of him lately, there’s no doubt he was one of my favorite characters on Lizzie Mcguire, and definitely reminded me of my sweet, angel, annoying little sisters J

4 comments:

  1. YES! I loved the title! I was instantly brought back to my childhood and all the mems from the Disney Channel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Disney Channel was also definitely my jam! Thanks for bringing back the great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mind is blown!I used to watch Lizzy all the time! Thanks for sharing. Ps.I love the title!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this title! And I agree, Cory in the House was not as good as That's So Raven.

    ReplyDelete