Sunday, January 29, 2017

Rebeka Carson- Honeybee

 was eager to visit Honey Bee Coffee as I had graduated high school with one of the owners. Recently, they opened their second location downtown, further encouraging me to get it a try. The quaint brick building on Sevier Ave is only advertised by a small "Honey Bee Coffee Co." sign. Walking inside, however, you can smell and feel the legitimacy of this small coffee shop. Their menu is limited, making is easy for me to decide what I would like. I find that too often, coffee shops overcompensate with a vast menu, leaving me feeling overwhelmed.

I was on my way to work, so I ordered a latte to go. There were a few couples enjoying coffee at their small tables. The barista who made my coffee was very welcoming and had my latte ready for me in what felt like 30 seconds. I felt a sense of pride for my classmate as I enjoyed my latte on the route to work. It's so satisfying to see one of your own succeed in what they love to do. For anyone who is looking for a humble, friendly coffee shop, I would recommend Honey Bee.

1 comment: