Sunday, January 29, 2017

First Time for Everything

Up until now, the only "local" coffee shop I had been to was when I was in Spain, so this was a new experience. I drink coffee on occasion but when I do it is based on lack of sleep and I would take advantage of the free coffee my apartment complex offers. I decided to give the small coffee and chocolate place located in downtown a try because I've heard it's really great and it's a short trip from home. The experience I had was about what I was expecting, seeing lap tops and headphones to accompany nearly every customer, myself included. However, the coffee was much better than I had imagined, most likely due to my lack in experience with high quality local coffee. I purchased a basic cappuccino, with a few pieces of chocolate to compliment it of course. The cappuccino was rich and smooth and could almost compare to the great homemade Colombian coffee I have had. It turns out, coffee and chocolate are quite the combo. While I was there, the atmosphere was professional and productive, but just outside was the fun vibe of market square and shoppers making their way around town. The reviews of this place have rung true and my first experience at a Knoxville coffee shop will thus most definitely not be my last!


                                                                                           -Chris Catri

No comments:

Post a Comment