Saturday, January 28, 2017

Pour it In.. Pour it Out

Okay so I tried to go a bit off the beaten path and try something new (for me), and I found the most wonderful little nugget in the universe! I spent my Saturday morning doing homework for my Social Work classes while at The Empty Cup Coffeehouse. Those two things actually have a lot in common because The Empty Cup is a non-profit organization that works to support adoption efforts for families that cannot afford it! This is truly the reason why I chose to come all the way out to Cedar Bluff from South Knoxville just for a dang cup of coffee. 
Everything about this place is so different from any coffee house I have ever been to. It is located in a building that used to be a bank, so it has a very spacious layout. The owner said that they took what used to be the vault of the bank and transformed it into a kids room so that parents could let their kids play while they grabbed coffee with their friends (something that supported their overall “family first” mission). It really is a huge place that is equipped with adult coloring books, art for sale (all proceeds go towards adoption efforts) and A CEREAL BAR!! It’s not as well-stocked as the Knoxville Pearl (R.I.P), but it’s nice to munch on some Captain Crunch knowing that you’re helping to give a child the opportunity to sit at a table with their new adopted family and do the same. I think I will DEFINITELY be returning.
The coffee is also yummy ! I had a cookies and cream latte... 10/10 would recommend 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jordan, I love your title! It is so clever! I also love The Empty Cup because of their mission. They also have a nice variety of teas which is nice for non-coffee drinkers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After working with FocusFirst during our Fall Break, we ended up at the Empty Cup! It was great and it gives back to a great cause! Definitely a coffee shop with a nice aesthetic for studying and spending time with friends.

    ReplyDelete