Sunday, January 29, 2017

K-Brew

My week has been pretty busy and I really don’t drink coffee, so I did not get to actually get to go to K-Brew. However, I did research about this local Knoxville coffee shops and found some interesting facts about it. First, they have two different locations with one being located on North Broadway in North Knoxville and the other one located on Market Street in Downtown Knoxville. The K-Brew located on North Broadway is right across from our Capstone project, Kickstand. Also, K-Brew is a Specialty Coffee Association of America member. This organization started in 1982 to set quality standards and discuss issues among the specialty coffee trade and now has 2,500 members. K-Brew was voted the Top Knox winner in 2016 by the Knoxville Mercury. This is pretty impressive based on the sheer number of coffee shops that exist in Knoxville and to be the best one really says something about their product. Speaking of their product, K-Brew likes to change up their roasts about ever couple of months or so. Right now, they have blends from Kenya and Costa Rica for people to drink. They receive their milk from right here in Knoxville from Cruze Farm. This is pretty cool because the number of dairy farms in the state has been shrinking so to have one in Knoxville is nice to see. I was looking at pictures of K-Brew and they have these awesome hanging chairs so I might go just for that. Researching about K-Brew definitely makes me want to go now so I’ll have to check it out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment