Sunday, January 29, 2017

Little Coffee Shop in a Little City

As a Colombian, coffee is not an option, it is a lifestyle. I have been drinking coffee since I can remember. For me coffee should be rich, dark, and with the smell of the plantation where it came from. I would not say I am picky about my coffee, rather I have a distinct flavor I enjoy. When I walked into The Golden Roast, I could smell dark and strong coffee brewing. They had a wide selection of coffee drinks, cold or hot. I believe coffee should be savored and best enjoyed black or with milk. I always order cappuccinos wherever I go, so this time it was no different. Due to food allergies, I cannot consume any dairy products, but the Golden Roast offered a soy alternative, filling me with joy. They have quick service with a smile. Their cappuccino was delicious! The fluffy milk was light and creamy, but I could still taste the rich coffee below. It was warm enough to savor in a cold day, but cool enough to drink. While I enjoyed my coffee, I noticed The Golden Roast has a study vibe. There are students with their Macs and books, glancing back and forth from a screen to written text with coffee on the side. I would not be able to concentrate with many people around me, but I would go back to savor a warm cappuccino.

No comments:

Post a Comment