Monday, January 30, 2017

in luv w/ wildlove

Wildlove Bake house may not sound like a coffee shop (mostly because it’s really a bakery that happens to serve coffee) but it definitely feels like one. I decided to visit Wildlove because as a casual coffee lover, I’ve visited nearly all the local coffee shops in Knoxville over the past four years and always wanted to visit after hearing many good things about it. Even before entering the minimalistic decorated shop, the air was filled with the sweetest smells that reminded me of kindergarten and when I had no concept of time. As soon as I walked in to the shop, those sweet smells were met with sweet sights of chocolate croissants, homemade pop tarts, scones and other goodies in a big glass display case in the back of the store that was connected to the coffee bar and cash register. After placing an order of a latte and a Benton’s bacon and egg biscuit, I took a seat in the spacious and well-lit shop. It could have been the family-styled tables, the light colored walls, the giant outdoor porch, or the fact that you could see the baking staff working on the next dozens of baked deliciousness but something about Wildlove Bake house was so calming and gave me no sense of the hurried rush often experienced in other coffee shops.


With not too long of a wait, the very friendly Wildlove staff had my biscuit and coffee ready and brought to where I was seated and was it a beautiful sight to see. The biscuit was warm, thicc and had the perfect consistency for the egg and bacon. In this scenario, the biscuit was definitely the star of this morning breakfast even though the coffee was good, it wasn’t anything too special. Despite this, Wildlove is a great place to spend your morning and even bring along a few friends due to being one of the largest coffee shops I’ve visited in Knoxville. I will definitely be returning to WIldlove especially if it involves more bacon and egg biscuits. :-) 

1 comment: