Sunday, January 29, 2017

2 Coffee Shops, 2 Friends, Endless Memories

Although I am not one that drinks a whole heck of a lot of coffee (I survive on diet coke and sour patch kids), I really enjoyed getting to go around Knoxville and experience not one, but TWO great coffee shops our community has to offer. On Monday after class, my roomie Patrick and I decided to check out Remedy Coffee Shop. While many students have been here, as a non-coffee drinker, this was my first time. Coffee shops usually give me some anxiety as I feel clueless on what to order; however, at Remedy, the assortment of options was simple and easy to understand, and the barista couldn't have been friendlier. We stayed a bit and checked out the place, tried to get a donut from Makers (who knew they are only open from Thursday through Sunday?! Not us, sadly.), and we went back to our humble abode off campus. Fast forward six days, add some stress, and sit me down next to Madison McKinsey Patterson, and you bet we will find something fun to do to take our minds off of all the problems in the world (and on campus). We went today to K Brew and had an amazing conversation in such an eclectic and welcoming atmosphere. Not only did we enjoy some great tasting drinks (Mine included chocolate and whipped topping, a little extra- I will admit), but we also enjoyed some great people who were at the coffee shop as well. McKinsey got to introduce me to a woman named Kelly who she met through her connections in the Knoxville fellows program which has been a topic in our class discussions. It was great seeing people we know and meeting new faces in such a great environment. Also, who knew they can make cool designs in your drinks with cream?!? For a new guy at a coffee shop, you can bet I was surely amazed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment