Sunday, April 16, 2017

Victoria's Legacy

My legacy and my mission statement I've worked on throughout all of my leadership classes continues to become more aligned. The more I have been exposed to people from all different walks of life and seen their legacies, the more I have solidified mine. 

I want my legacy to be one of care and compassion, and not just the surface-level unauthentic, compassion. I would rather be known and very well known and respected by a smaller crowd than known of by many. I want to be a person people always knew they could come to, a reliable person who they trusted. While many people are known for their success or title at their job, it's clear I value success in ways that exceed just attaining material objects and titles.

I want people to see this about me. I don't want any sense of artificiality given off in any of my actions. I put a huge importance on intentionality, and I hope people will always be able to see my true intentions and not doubt them.

I want people to see that I truly fought to give voices to people who have been systematically silenced. However, I want others to know that my contribution to the fight was never for self-recognition. When people talk about me I want to be the ally that actually helped, and stepped back when needed. 

I want my friends and family to know I always cared for them, and believed in them. I want to be remembered as a person who had wonderful relationships with others and who was always their number 1 supporter. 

I want to be remembered as a person who didn't accept things because "that's just how things are". I want to be remembered. And not just any memory, I want those long silly stories, as I always try to lighten a person's day. Through my leadership classes, I have learned that I don't just want to do this by gaining followers, but I want to be able to create solid leaders to instill our values into others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment