Saturday, April 15, 2017

Legacy

When I die, I do not want to be remembered as simply a good doctor. I do not care if my name is remembered or not, but I do care that my actions will not parish.

I want to be remembered as someone who helped minorities, particularly Hispanics, achieve compassionate and respectful healthcare. I want to pave the way for minority groups to receive the healthcare they need and deserve. I want to be the helping hand immigrants need when arriving to the United States and beginning to acculturate. Through my migration story, I want to reach others and also inspire and advocate for cultural competency among healthcare providers to improve the patient-doctor relationship as our nation continues to become more diversify.

I want my legacy to be reducing healthcare disparities among Hispanics through care, compassion, trust, and cultural sensitivity in the medical field.

1 comment: