Sunday, March 26, 2017

Eric Gebhart.

Eric Gebhart.

So honestly, I chose this guy because WHAT a last name! Right? And also because I have noticed I have an easier time admiring and appreciating photography, because I can at least maybe sort of take okay pictures. However, my painting and drawing skills are way below the threshold of talented. Just by seeing a few of Eric's photographs, I can tell he takes time and pride in what he does. Eric believes that photography is about "connecting with nature and sharing all that is has to offer through images...", appreciating the biodiversity that our wonderful world offers.

As I have stated before, (maybe), nature is not exactly my jam, but Eric makes me want to go out and see these sights for myself. He is able to pack so much into photographs, so much so that I found myself coming up with background stories for each photo. 

The coolest thing about Eric is his reason for taking photographs. He takes the pictures to get people to appreciate the nature around them and to make them feel like they want to connect with nature as well. His reason for this is because he wants people to appreciate nature so they can begin to appreciate the Earth we live on, and start protecting and preserving the beauty that surrounds us. I admire his deeper meaning for the reason he takes photographs, and he definitely inspired me by his work. His photographs are displayed in the Art Market Gallery on South Gay Street!

No comments:

Post a Comment